The Chapter Library contains copies of many ACI publications which are updated on a regular basis. Visitors may research information at the Library and some publications can be signed out. The Chapter Library is located at:
University of Pittsburgh
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
705 Benedum Hall
3700 Ohara Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Library Operation Policies
- Library hours are from 8:30 AM – 4:30PM, Monday – Friday.
- For library access, please call in advance at 412.624.9879.
- A list of publications in the ACI Chapter Library is available on right side of this web page. Pay-per-page copy machines are available in the lower level of the building. Note that some publications are available only on CD-ROM, so consider bringing a portable computer with the ability to print to a pdf file.
- A desk and table are available in the library room.
- Most materials can be borrowed for a duration of up to two weeks. Periods longer than two weeks must be arranged in advance.
- The Manual of Concrete Practice (paper volumes and CD-ROM) shall not be removed from the building.
- Assistance will be provided for signing out all library publications. Your name, affiliation, e-mail address, phone number and ACI member number will be required to sign out publications, and a due date will be provided.
- Coffee, soft drinks, and food items are available for purchase in the café located in the lower level of the building. Please keep the library clean!