The Officers of the Pittsburgh Area Chapter of ACI are pleased to announce the eighth annual Excellence in Concrete Project Awards. This award was established to recognize excellence in structural and architectural design; unique and innovative construction or application; and sustainable uses of concrete in construction projects in Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, and Northwest West Virginia.
ACI Pittsburgh will select one winner in up to two different categories:
- Low-Rise Buildings/Structures: Up to three stories residential (multi-family and houses),
school, commercial, warehouse and industrial, etc.
- Mid-Rise Buildings/Structures: Four to fifteen stories
- High-Rise Buildings/Structures: More than fifteen stories
- Decorative: Decorative or architectural feature or element such as exterior or interior finishes, hardscapes, ornamentation, stained, stamped, or polished concrete, art
- Infrastructure: Bridges, site structures, water resource structures, marine structures, other structures, etc.
- Flatwork: Pavements, parking lots, runways, commercial/industrial floors, etc.
- Repair and Restoration: overlays, rehabilitation, remodel, retrofitting, etc.
Projects can utilize any type of Portland cement concrete construction technique including tilt-up, pre-cast, and cast-in-place. Projects can be new construction, restoration, or repair and utilize any type of Portland cement concrete product including shotcrete, self consolidating concrete, roller compacted concrete, etc. Projects can be new construction, restoration, or repair.
All projects must have been completed during the time period from January 31, 2021- January 31, 2023. Projects in phases are eligible at the completion of each phase, as well as at the time of completion of the overall project.
Project must be located within the jurisdiction of the Pittsburgh Area ACI Chapter which includes Western PA, Eastern OH, and Northwest WV. If you are unsure whether your project location is in the jurisdiction, please contact Beth Rader at email@example.com.
Feel free to download an application form or contact us using the form below.